[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws reading read only in apps.

  • From: "David" <david.tregellas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:58:58 -0000

Hi Mike,

You need to do this in Speech and Sounds Manager under the Configuration
Manager.  Whether you do it in the Default file and affect all programs or make
changes in individual apps is up to you.  This is what you do.

Enter Config Manager
Alt S to set options
Press M for the Speech and Sounds Manager and you will go straight into it
Now tab three times I think to "edit current scheme" and press the spacebar or
enter key
Now go to the File types tab and the list view which you will find there
Press the letter R twice and you will be on the Read Only item
Tab once then cursor up once and you will be on the "ignore" checkbox which
will be checked by simply moving to it
Ok that and save in the usual way

A bit long-winded but you should be able to work it out.

Regards

David