[jaws-uk] Jaws eight, initial views.

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 04:09:57 -0000

Hi list:

After installing jaws eight, here are my initial views.  In one word, =
don't!
I installed jaws eight and it decided it would not start up.  I had no
speech, and when I tried a little trick which involved starting the =
talking
installer by hitting on the update for jaws seven point 10, I found data
execution errors all over the place, caused by jaws eight.  Clearing =
those,
then repairing jaws eight didn't solve the issues.  All right, jaws =
eight
was working, but it wasn't reading right, no menus, no task bar, nothing
really useful, apart from the start menu.  It even did something to jaws
seven point 1.0 which I noticed when I uninstalled jaws eight.  Jaws =
seven.1
0 behaved like jaws eight had.  Now the only way I could get my pc back =
working order was to restore my pc to before the time I even thought =
about
installing jaws eight.  Now things are fine.  I will be putting the =
update
for seven point 1 0 on my laptop so I can use IE7 better, but not =
touching
jaws eight.  I will be enquiring about window eyes in the near future I
think.  I am sick of jaws not updating correctly, breaking down, not
installing, and leaving me without speech for no earthly reason.  I am
fairly technically minded, and got myself out of this mess.  How would =
it be
for those who are not so technically minded?  Expensive work that's how =
it
would be.  Thanks for reading.

Hope to hear from you soon.

From Martin.