[jaws-uk] JFW and mailing labels in Word 2002.

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:54 -0000

Hi,

Dealing with a social group of say 40 people, I have all their names and
addies in an Excel file, with column headings for forename, surname,
add1, add 2 etc, but I find it really awkward to prepare labels for a
mailshot. The mail merge feature in tools menu is a bit of a pain to
navigate with jfw 8.=20

I've got the same address list in Word, with each one separated by a
page break, for running envelopes directly through the printer, but it's
not ideal, those self seal ones just screw up....

Doing a full mail merged letter isn't actually that difficult but I'm
never confident of having the addresses lined up in the window of those
types of envelopes, begin the first line of the recipient on line 12
etc?

Maybe I just need to buy a better quality printer, but if anyones got
any better ways of handling this task I'd be grateful of any tips.

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden,
Edinburgh College of Art,
74 Lauriston Place,