[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS UK - Replacement laptop

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:33:41 +0100

MessageHi Shirley
 Glad you still like your Toshiba if I  remember it  has to  take Jaws
Professional?
 I have a vague memory of your telling George that you    did not really find
it did much more than Jaws standard? Tell me if my memory is wrong, some
Toshibas due to having I think a fancy Media centre  needed a  more superior
Jaws? Even if the Toshie was  really not Xp Professional. Regarding keyboard I
use a full ordinary keyboard  like on my Desktop.
However some things are not possible  unless you  use the Laptop, example
un-muting the Sound  on laptop nothing worked unless I experimented with the
Function keys on laptop even now I cannot explain how I raised it from Mute but
it was on left side of laptop bottom and a Top Function key plus escape,I am
not sure if I could do it again

 Additionally I have a 17 keypad plug-in from lonova that means I can use
Kurzweil, if that is your OCR
 a Toshie extra 17 key plug in will be only  ok if you are  for example doing a
lot of accounts,it has to be just right for  your K11