[jaws-uk] Re: Internet Very Slow

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:36:19 +0100

Barbara,

I have noticed a similar problem on some websites but with no consistency of
when the problem will occur.  I have deduced that it is possible that I have
just been unlucky and have tried to access a site when it is being updated
or something like that as it is often much better the next time I try to
access the same site.

Having said that, if it is always worse and worse the longer your computer
is on, this would probably indicate something a bit closer to home.

Is there any chance that a particular site is being blocked by your
firewall?  When I used to use Norton Security, it was quite common for a pop
up window to appear but for Jaws not to announce it.  This meant that I
carried on working blissfully unaware that Norton was blocking the site and,
therefore, not understanding why things were not working on the site.

Other than this, I've no ideas.

Jamie