[jaws-uk] I need a contact regarding jaws and Accessibility

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:42:27 +0100

Hi folks.

I work for a Canadian company that sell Internet business building services.

I want to put them in touch with someone who knows a hell of a lot about website tools and the technology behind them so that their future tools can be made screen reader accessible during the software writing stage.

they're not bad at the moment, but they're shifting over to technology that is more effective in the browser, but not necessarily more accessible as it require drag and dropping of elements on the HTML page, example, for reordering a NavBar etc.

I'd rather them catch these things in the design phase rather than having to fix it later.

Any ideas?

I really need someone who knows their stuff and can talk at a programming level, as well as being able to explain what a screen reader needs to be able to interact with the technology.

Cheers
Darren

Thanks in advance.

Cheers