[jaws-uk] Re: Headings in web pages

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:22:27 +0100

Hi Barry,

I've looked at the source code for the NALSVI web site, and
exchanged messages already with Sue Fergusson hopefully
explaining in layman's terms what the problem is.

The web site is designed by a division of "Charity Skills",
so please bear with NALSVI while they sort it out with the
designers.

George.

code.

> Barry

any
> headings at
> all on the NALSVI website, nor can I find any lines that
come
> up with the
> text you mention!
>
> What I do find on the page is an irritating number of 'eye

> candy' graphics
> which are announced as "Graphic spacer image".
>
> You've got me wondering now if I've got some setting that
is
> set to ignore
> headings but I'm pretty sure that this is not the case as
it announces
> headings on other websites.
>
> Sounds most odd to me.
>
> Incidentally, on a site where headings have been used
well,
> they can be a
> really excellent additional navigation facility and
shouldn't
> be necessarily
> viewed as a nuisance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jamie

nearly
> every line of
> > text.  One such page is:
> >
> > http://www.nalsvi.org/
> >
> > Do I have a setting wrong in JFW or is it the web page
that

[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> > ** jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> > ** or send a message, to