[jaws-uk] Google Search engine

  • From: "Nigel" <stoppard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:33:44 +0100

Hi Dorothy,
For more information on google do a search for google watch and that will
explain better than I can.  When you use google it places a cookie on your
computer with a unique identification number and other things.  This means
they can associate an IP address with search terms.  In the UK I think to
get access to who was using an IP address at a particular time requires
judicial oversight with some form of official request with just cause but am
not that sure on the details so I could be wrong.

Scroogle uses google but google can not identify your IP address.  The
search results are also much easier to navigate with a screen reader due to
less clutter.

I have not used guide but as far as I know it is easy to use although I
think it's approach to using the internet is overly complicated as I think
some one else on this list said but I don't know for sure.

Nigel
Consumerism is the opium of the masses.