[jaws-uk] Re: Ghosting when and what

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:13:51 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alastair Veal" <Alastair.Veal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:18 AM
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Ghosting when and what

Dear Dorothy

Working at a University, we ghost machines so that
a) it is quicker than loading all of the software on each computer
individually.
b) we can restore computers that have problems back to a working state.

We do have JAWS on our computers and I have ghosted successfully - I
didn't have to do anything different to what I normally do when I ghost
to get it working.

On stand alone computers I tend to use system restore (so I can work the
clock back to a point when the programs were known to be working
successfully).  This is partly because system restore is quicker and
partly because I would run out of space to store all the copies of the
hard drives.

Alastair Veal
Assistive Technology Adviser
Brunel University