[jaws-uk] Re: Disabled persons rail card application form

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:23:31 -0000

Andrew,

From an accessibility perspective, it seems to work reasonably well,
however, I would reckon that there will be a few people who will send back
the form incorrectly filled in because of the way the questions are worded.

In particular I refer to the situations where there are Y or N options to
choose from.  For example, the wording in the following paragraph is
certainly poor to say the least:

"3 From time to time, we may want to allow companies to send you details of
produces or information we think you may be interested in. Please delete 'N'
here if you would not like to receive this information. (Y/N*)"

I think that if they were simply straightforward questions like "Would you
like to receive this kind of information? (Y or N)" it would be much
clearer.

I hope that what I'm meaning here is clear..

Jamie