[jaws-uk] Re: Defrag and disc clean up.

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 08:36:20 +0100

Hi,

Being quite a heavy pc user, I will likely do a maintainance session
every month or six weeks perhaps, where I run Ad-aware, Spybot Search
and Destroy, Clean up and defrag, just as a course of habit and keeping
the machine clean and tidy, and as it's done regularly, the whole job
can be done in around an hour tops. Doesn't do any harm at all

One thing also, I disable my AVG anti virus when running defrag, this
programme will hinder the operation. Again no danger, because you're not
doing anything with the pc and you're not online. After all the tasks
are done, re boot and everything is spic and span...

Cheers, Robin.