[jaws-uk] Re: Cut and Paste problem

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:03:09 -0000

Hi Jim, I found that copying with Jaws is becoming flimsier with the new Jaws
versions.

Try having the Word document/email message opened and loaded first before
highlighting and copying any text. Don't laugh; that's how I used to go around
this problem when it happens!

As well, if you had some text appended to the clipboard and you want to copy
something new, do recopy after you ok the overwrite clipboard message. I do
this even with Jaws 12 when sometimes it decides to ignore the copy command.

My personal Jaws select and copy preference in IE is (copy from virtual
cursor). Go to IE>Adjust Jaws options>Virtual cursor options>Select and copy to
change your mode preference. Please refer to the Jaws manual for explanation of
the two different Jaws select and copy modes. I think they were first
introduced in Jaws 11 so worth reading about them if you've just upgraded your
Jaws version.

Sorry I could only offer a work-arounds but hopefully they will be of some help.

Best,
Amro