[jaws-uk] Cakewalk Sound Studio (Renamed Sonar) running with Jaws

  • From: Terry Brady <t.a.brady@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:07:49 +0000

Dear Members,

We have a visually handicapped student who wishes to take one of our courses. One of the software items he will be required to use is Cubasis VST 4.0, which is inaccessible to screen reader users. we have suggested that an equivalent package be sought which is both fit for purpose and accessible (which legally comes down to the same thing: that is, if it is not accessible it is not fit for purpose).

We wondered, therefore, if any subscribers to this list had experience of using the software detailed in the title of this message.

the initial question, then, is "How accessible is Cakewalk (renamed Sonar) for a Jaws user?"
thanking you in anticipation!

Project Officer, centre for assistive technology and Enabling Research,
The Open University