[jaws-uk] Best way forward?

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:10:06 -0000

Hi all,

Ok I need to do some purchasing of licenses in the coming months and
just wonder what you all have?

I go round a lot of machines, but also have my own network here at home
which I use on a regular basis.  Ideally I would like to access the
machines on this network, as well as the W2k3 server remotely, but also
to access the other machines on a temporary basis.  I think what I need
to do is to enable remote access support and get a dongle, though not
sure whether it would be better to get a network license key?

The machines I go round are for other work I do whereby I fix people's
machines from viruses, do upgrades and the like.  Obviously I don't want
those keys activating on my Internet license, some machines I don't even
want currently on the Internet until the problems have been fixed!

Anyone done this, how expensive is it and are there things to watch out
for?

By the way, received my Internet access version of JFW today, all the
connections for activation went through our firewall fine, the only
issue was that I had the SP2 firewall pop up asking whether I should
unblock the activation program which I said yes to.

Thanks,
Andrew.