[jaws-uk] Re: Additional voices.

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:21:11 +0100

Yep Tink that's correct once you have a voice on your system you can use =
it with any speech output applications as long as that application =
supports the format EG sapi 4 or 5. any app that uses sapi 5 can use any =
sapi 5 voice on your machine.  One note of caution. If you purchase a =
voice with a different accent from that which you are currently loading =
by default you will need to switch your jfw language to that which you =
intend to use before making the switch otherwise you will be left with =
no speech. For example if you purchase a british english voice and =
attempt to switch to it from a us english voice you will get no speech =
because the voice you have purchased odes not support us english.

To switch to the voice you have purchased the first time you will need =
first to switch to the sapi 5 speech engine, and then to select your new =
voice from the options voices global dialog screen because it will =
automaticly load the microsoft voice which is the default sapi 5 voice.

Cheers

Adrian Higginbotham
Accessibility and inclusion adviser
British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ=20