[jaws-uk] Re: Additional voices

  • From: "Paul Nugent" <paul.nugent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:30:55 +0100

Hi Steve,

I bought the two voices Mike and Crystal for 16 pounds from the =
following
site:-

http://www.shareit.com/product.html?productid=3D3D183961&sessionid=3D3D40=
0406=3D44
4&random=3D3D76befb0d2bee766785609c333c8b9cbc

It is very difficult to offer my opinion on the voices, as speech is =
very
subjective.  However I will say this as far as typing is concerned, it =
is
probably not as good as elequence.  I am quite a fast typist and really
ought to turn the keyboard voice off, but habit and all that.  The =
typing
itself is not affected by using say Mike, but when typing fast the =
speech
does not keep up very well.  Editing and reading is fine though and =
longer
text articles is quite pleasant.  I may not use these voices all the =
time,
but for the money I am glad that I have purchased them, so that I can =
change
from time to time to maintain concentration.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Paul

 =20