[j-say list] Word spacing, was Announcement, jaws scripting course in the UK

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <Brian.Hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 02:09:45 +0100

Hi Hema

I had this problem with a customer the other week and I am unclear as to
why this happens.

So for other list members, the problem is this.  When dictating into
Microsoft Word, and you wish to insert text within sentences already
dictated, Dragon does not leave a space between the end of the new words
dictated and the start of the original text.  In addition, commands like
"insert before" do not leave a space where this should occur.

There is an option Hema under the Word Help menu entitled "Disabled
Items" which is a Button you can tab to.  Activating this Button will
show you any items which are disabled, such as the Word Dragon macros,
and should they be disabled you can enable them from there.

However this was not the case in the situation I was working with and I
had to uninstall J-Say and Dragon, then re-install which fixed the
problem.  Ed, have you seen  this before?

Brian Hartgen
Product Development Manager

T&T Consultancy Ltd

Advantage House

Trentham Business Quarter

Bellringer Road

Trentham

Stoke-On-Trent

ST4 8GB

Tel:  01782 644141

Fax: 01782 645135

Web Site, www.tandt-consultancy.com

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on t-+his e-mail's content. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
then delete the email and any attachments from your system. T&T
Consultancy Ltd have made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and
any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However,
it cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all received e-mail
messages.
Registered in England No. 4098268