From: j-say-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:j-say-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David Lepofsky
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:43 AM
To: j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [j-say list] Major JSay 6 problems

Belatedly just installed JSay 6. various standard JSay commands are not
working. If i just dictate, it will actually transcribe my dictations.
however, commands like "listen to me" and "check microphone" get no response

at all.

if i say "check echo", it response with "unknown script called to what
echo". i repeated the command several times very clearly. it had worked in
JSay 5 with no problem. Same response when i say
echo on
command echo on.

I cannot get it to verbally echo my dictation.
also, all the settings under tools/options are correct. yet the hotkey for
turning on and off the microphone are not working or set at all, even though

JSay says everything is set right.
i can only turn on and off the mike by doing control shift f-12 and then
using the turn microphone on and off command from the keyboard.
this is bizarre.
any suggestions?