[j-say list] Re: Major JSay 6 problems

  • From: "Martin, Sue W." <Sue.Martin@xxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:00:36 -0500

David,

Did you upgrade to J-Say 6.0 or 6.1?   Tracking down your difficulties
will depend, at least in part, on the answer to that question.

The key elements that need to be considered are as follows:

1.  Do you have the correct version and build of JAWS and Dragon?
2. Did you do a fresh install of the correct build of JAWS or return the
settings to their defaults before installing J-Say?
3.  If you're using a voice profile that you had already established,
did you bring up the J-Say configuration wizard and restore all of the
J-Say settings to their defaults?

There's quite a lengthy part about upgrading in the documentation  if
you want me to send it to you.

Sue W. Martin, Management Analyst
Veterans Health Administration, Office of Information
HDI, Section 508
205.943.2391
http://vaww.vista.med.va.gov/508workgroup/