[j-say list] Re: Dragon not accepting commands

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:15:11 -0600

I'm using Office 2010, windows 7, Dragon 11.5 Premium.

I will try November.  At 04:55 PM 2/17/2012, you wrote:
Ann:

I tried "press control n" in Outlook (from the Inbox view). Does not work for me either. The results box displays "press control and" - so it's misunderstanding AND for N.

I was able to say "press control November" and it worked perfectly - opened up a new message just fine.

I noticed that when in the Inbox View, the check mark on the Dragon Bar for Full Text Control is GRAY, meaning that full control is not active. That is likely why "press control n" does not work.

Once I have an email message open, and the Full Text Control check is GREEN, then 'press control n' works, (at least sometimes).

It could also be that Dragon is just having a difficult time determining whether I am saying "n" or "and".

What version of Word are you using (2010, 2007, 2003, etc)? Also, please remind me what version of Dragon you are using (I forgot if you had mentioned it, and I've since deleted the original message).

--Jim