[iyonixlinux] Re: iyonixlinux Digest V2 #1

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonixlinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:42:18 +1300

In message <20091104060632.1FA60C3C939@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I am trying to find out what cards were put into the Panther. The
> machine has 1Gb of ram, and that is ringing a bell somewhere.

*pcidevices   will report back the card type, at least on mine it shows
FX5200, the older one would be GeForce 400 or similar.

I read a hint once that you could install both cards so that you could
use the old one with the castle driver.
The Geminus software suggests supporting multiple graphic cards, so it
may be OK to do this.

Dont forget we are stuck at Woody unless there are arm backports done
for the 2.4 kernel.

Ron M
Iyonix Linux mailing list: //www.freelists.org/list/iyonixlinux