[iyonixlinux] Re: Linux and RISCOS 5.13

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonixlinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:50:04 +0100

In message <0e6f2aea4e.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is anyone else using this combination?

> When I get to the Linux login screen, it appears as a series of black
> and white vertical lines. It then changes to multicoloured '@'
> symbols.

> Is my only option to revert back to RO 5.12?

> Thanks
> John

John,

5.13 doesn't work with Linus Kernal 2.4 due some changes in the NVidia
driver as i understand it.

It needs the updated 2.6 kernal which hasn't been ported to RISC OS
yet so is a no go at the moment.

Pity really as it was good to drop back in to Linux and have a play.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.