[iyonixlinux] Help Installing

  • From: quattrocchi <quattrocchi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonixlinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 17:39:56 +1300

I have been trying to install debian on my Iyonix RO 5.13 with mixed

If there's anyone on this list I will outline the steps I've taken and
maybe get some help with it.

Briefly, I managed to install zImage-2/4/22 first of all using
dInstall, downloaded the drive modules from www.iyonox.com/ then ran
dRun using zImage-2/4/27 and got the CLI going. Then startx didn't
start up x windows. I had to configure the video card better so that
eventually I got the yellow screen. I couldn't operate anything from
here. Ctrl-Alt-Delete didn't work (I didn't try
Ctrl-Alt-backspace). Had to reset.

Then I started again with !HForm and remade the adfs 'partition'
at 500 cyls (864MB) and ran dInstall using zImage-2/4/22.

I tried to download the drive modules from
www.iyonox.com/dists/woody/main/disks-arm/current/ only to get the
error 'unable to mount the rescue floppy'.

Help appreciated.

Up to now I've been getting excellent help to get me this far thanks
to the uncomplaining efforts of Rainert Schubert.