[iyonixlinux] Re: Current position of Linux

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonixlinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 21:35:38 GMT

In message <aed18fb350.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          J Peachey <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

> It seems a long time since any postings appeared here.

> Was a later version of Linux released that worked on RO versions later
> 5.11?

> I wrote an article on installing Linux a few years back for Archive
> Mag, and someone has found them and is trying to do an install, but it
> keeps falling over when running dinstall at this point.

> scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE Atapi devices
> Trident 4DWave/SiS 7018/ALi 5451,Tvia CyberPro 5050  PCI Audio,
> version 0.14.10h. 16:17:56 Feb 19 2004
> trident: ALi Audio Accelerator found at 10 0xef00, IRQ 33

> Can anyone give me a clue as to what the problem is? The machine is
> running RO5.11.

> thanks

> John

Hi John

Well I haven't been able to get Linux working on my Iyonix since 5.11
and the Fx5200 graphics card upgrade as well. I think that changes to
the Nvidia driver code put paid to it as far as I recall which is
shame as it was good just to drop in to Linux now and again.

Doug
--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.14, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.