[iyonix-support] Re: problems with Internet and Iyonix

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:57:42 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4eb9d11058steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> The whole point being that:

> 1. At what many (over-privileged) people say is the edge of the boondocks
> you can still get over a 1Mb connection.

> 2. It doesn't drop for long if at all.

> 3. You don't care how long you are connected as it is the same cost.

The first person I knew who had broadband had the 'excuse' "How else do you
cope with 3 teenage children?"

> 4. The big one ...   it works out cheaper than dialling up, connecting,
> dropping, re-dialling etc and it is less frustrating.

The other advantage is that the phone line can be used for voice at the
same time.  Not too important if you live alone, but fairly essential
otherwise.

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11