[iyonix-support] Re: near disaster

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 06:55:49 GMT

In message <E1JVxEk-000KMp-Jg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[snip]

> Th Iyonix beeps and then the error message is displayed (as is usual)
> on the Xerox screen and the computer just sits.

> I assume that it is searching for our local network server?

> I have tried direct connection to the internet...no joy!
If the Iyonix is set up for DHCP then yes it will be waiting for the
server.

If this is the case just press the escape key and it should then boot
as normal, though the network will not be set up of course.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.