[iyonix-support] Re: mp3 players for Iyonix

  • From: John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix ML <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:21:21 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4f7df33f4criscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I inadvertently dragged RISC OS filetype mp3s - don't do this as the
> player will not recognise them. PC mp3s filetype - data (&ffd) are
> recognised. The mp3 extension is important.

I suspect that as long as the .mp3 extension is there, the player won't
care what RISC OS filetype is allocated, as it won't be aware of it at all!

I keep all my MP3s RISC OS filetyped /and/ with the .mp3 extension, and
have never had any problems with players I've tried.

John

--
||       John Williams         ||     Brittany, Northern France
         Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/
 E-mail replies only accepted from RISC OS machines or RISC in subject line
Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate