[iyonix-support] Re: millennium bug

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:56:54 +0100

On 22 Sep 2010  Herman Reintjes <reintjeshhm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2010, at 10:07 PM, Herman Reintjes wrote:

>> On Sep 21, 2010, at 8:47 PM, Steve Fryatt wrote:

>>> See
>>>
>>> http://www.riscosopen.org/news/articles/2010/01/23/new-iyonix-rom-rele
>>> ase-version-5-16
>>>
>>> (that's all one line) for details.  The file you need is on
>>>
>>> https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles
>>>
>>> under the heading "Iyonix Flash -- Flash ROM programmer for
>>> official Iyonix
>>> RISC OS 5.16 ONLY."

>>> In this context, re-program the Flash ROM inside your Iyonix.
>>
>> I found and downloaded the Flash ROM and I will try to install
>> tomorrow.
>> Thanks a lot for your help.
>> Herman Reintjes.
> I am a bit afraid to run !ROM516.
> Is it safe?
> Herman Reintjes.

As long as you touch nothing while the flash process is under way, and
as long as you quit any apps that might automatically do anything
during the process, it's as safe as anything can be. I think you
already installed 5.11, and the process is exactly the same.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Lu       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.