[iyonix-support] Re: keyboard

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 14:17:01 +0100

In message <ddab5c7d4f.postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In message <4f7d5c2ae9charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In article <d4fd5a7d4f.postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I have a USA keyboard and want to configure my Iyonix for that but
>>> typing keyboard USA only helps as long as I don't turn the machine
>>> off.

>>> What is the command to configure it permanently?

>> How about !Boot > Keyboard > select USA > SET.

> Thanks for pointing out that there still is something like the
> configuration option under the filer.
> Completely forgot about that.

Please note that despite what it says on the tin, that configuration
option actually configures the Country, not the Keyboard. Configuring
the Country changes the keyboard as well, but it changes more. Many
programs read the country setting to decide which language you prefer.

The best solution in your case is to set this option to Netherlands
and override just the keyboard by adding an obey file containing
*Keyboard USA
to !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk (slightly more appropriate than John's
suggestion of putting it into Tasks, though that would work as well).

Martin