[iyonix-support] Re: contemplating 5.18

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 21:01:07 +0100

In message <4FA69C90.6050107@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ay up
>
> have tried a soft load of 5.18 from 5.13 .
>
> Firstly should I have gone via 5.16 I wonder ?

You should absolutely definitely be using at least 5.16, otherwise you
will have date issues.

A few people are having a few issues with 5.18 because it fixed some
bugs in the OS, but some software out there appears to rely on the
old, incorrect behaviour.  Sorry, I can't remember what the issues
were, nor what applications were affected.

But please keep this in proportion: most people who've gone to 5.18
don't have any problem.  I'm running 5.18 here and I haven't found a
problem, for example.

Dave