[iyonix-support] Re: Wireless Internet access

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:20:20 GMT

In message <1170781532.45c8b55cf31fc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Quoting Michael John Batten <mikebatten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Is it possible to access the Internet wirelessly using an Iyonix?
>>
>> Are there any compatible pci cards or do I have to stick with my
>> current wired set up (using pci network card)?
>
> I've done it via a Game Adaptor.  The one I have is a D-Link DWL-G820,
> which seems to be a grey import (factory refurbished, from eBay).  You
> may find the same functionality under different names, from different
> manufacturers.
>
> I believe the D-Link DWL-2100AP has the same functionality at somewhat
> greater cost.
>
> Dave
> ---
Yes, I network a PC and RISCPC via a Buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP-1 125Mbps
Wireless Media convertor to my BT Homehub with the Iyonix and a
Kinetic RISCPC off direct Ethernet ports. Just for fun I've got my old
router being utilised as a network print server and both RISCPC's
running PCCards also with a network setup. Even more fun can be had by
using the PC via RDP to do Webcam MSN Messenger and playing streaming
video off the BBC site on the Iyonix and RISCPC's whilst making a call
on the Homehub Voip phones.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC 512Mb, RISC OS5.12, !NetFetch & !MessengerPro.
All based on UK technology, No Microsoft Windows here