[iyonix-support] Re: Upgrading RISC OS (was Re: USB mem sticks NEVER recognized...)

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:55:48 +0000

Hi John

John Williams wrote:
In article <926363.78512.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gonzalo Meza
<gonzalo_meza@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

One question though (remember that I'm only 3 weeks old as an Iyonix
user):  I have RISC OS 5.11.  How does it work in RISC OS 5 the whole
upgrading thing?

As far as I understand it, you buy a different computer that'll work with
Castle's bank payment system, and purchase the upgrade on-line.

if you wish to pay online, you'll have to use firefox on the iyonix, or use a pc or mac to do the paying bit.

the upgrade download works fine on the iyonix with most browsers.

you can order a PIN for 512/513 online from the iyonix, but as the hsbc payment system STILL emits illegal html the instant payment side is only accessible as above

alternativey, phone or email iyonix sales during normal office hours

John

But this is hearsay, as I haven't managed to actually do it myself.

If there's a better way, I'd like to know about it.

John

--
John Ballance C.Eng MIET (Support) - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 0871 789 1861

John says: Free Utilities? -> http://www.rosery.net