[iyonix-support] Re: Unauthorised run instructions at start up

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:44:19 GMT

In message <ef6bc0e250.trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <261cbfe250.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <c890bee250.trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> At the beginning of the year (in first week I think), and I assume
>>> coincidentally in the middle of the clock furore, my iyonix 5.14
>>> suddenly took it upon itself to run three items at switch on.

>>> 1. Messenger, 2. HardDisk4, and 3. john rickman links (which I
>>> normally select with NetSurf).

Them pixies again :-)

Run !Reporter and see what is happening in your boot sequence.

Not really sure what you mean by suddenly taking itself to run
Harddisc4 and John Rickman links.

Nothing starts running unless you have configured it or used someone
else's files to configure your machine unless the pixies came late at
night and magically put something on your machine.

Even more reasons with all these posts to have something like RiscPkg
to install and maintain things so people who are non techie have one
way of installing apps and updates.

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.