[iyonix-support] Re: USB ext hd & Fat32FS

  • From: Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:55:34 +0100

In message <mpro.ljk5os0005ds80410.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Am I to assume that the SimpleSave requires more power than the Iyo can
>> deliver?
>>
> Most likely, can you attach a 5 volt supply to it, one I have needs a power
> supply attached to work with my Iyonix and some of my PC's, by works fine
> with my laptop.

I think I'll call it a day.
There is just the tiny 'd-type' usb socket; nothing else. Its not
quite big enough to get the tip of my soldering iron inside. ;-)

However, I notice that on my Lacie network drive there is a standard
USB socket. I wonder if this might be of help? Do you think I might
damage anything if I plugged the SimpleSave into it?

--
BW Chris F. [ British Iyonix, RISC OS 5.16 ]
Wakefield RISC OS Show - Sat 16/04/11 - www.wakefieldshow.org.uk

Visit www.foxfieldrailway.co.uk (Because you're worth it.)