[iyonix-support] USB card

  • From: Alan Wrigley <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:07:51 +0100

My Iyonix stopped working many months ago, but the other day I decided to
have another look at it. Having acquired a spare case I figured that maybe
replanting the innards and reseating all the cards etc might just make a
difference, not to mention the fact that being able at last to mount the ATX
PSU properly would at least make it easier to play around with the thing.

The drive started up, the display worked and it got as far as the desktop. I
didn't expect it to boot from the drive as I've been using it as a second
drive in the RPC so its boot setting had been disabled. So far so good. But
both the keyboard and mouse refused to work. I reseated the USB card again
but still no joy. ISTR that even when the machine was working the USB ports
were always a bit temperamental.

I don't know whether the machine is worth paying out for a new USB card so
is there anything else I might be able to do before raiding the piggy bank?

Alan