[iyonix-support] Re: USB - Name disc

  • From: "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:53:34 +0000 (GMT)

On 22 Dec, Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In article <5245a51358JohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    John Williams <JohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  The disc seems to have been named, but all existing contents are
> > > unavailable.  The newly named disc appears empty in the filer but
> > > Free shows the existing space is still used.

> > Did you dismount immediately afterwards, then remount?  I always
> > dismount twice just to be sure!

> The plot thickens. I tried again. Disc appeared to rename fine. Contents
> looked fine - but was probably cached filer info.

> Then I dismountedit... Now the disc appears to have one file on it named
> 4/?
> but of course that won't open.

Tried again. Dismounted twice - then named disc.

Then when I tried to open it - error was reported, disc would not open.
Reset and disc now oopens, but empty as before.

It consistently misbehaves! This with a selection of sticks.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats