[iyonix-support] Re: Sony Ericsson P990i compatibility

  • From: "Matt Ault" <squeekyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:59:58 +0000

From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [iyonix-support] Re: Sony Ericsson P990i compatibility
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:09:20 +0100

In article <60434e574e.j.sheppard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Joe Sheppard <leojoe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip]

> > I find it a trifle worrying that reading files from a device can lead
> > to corruption. I wonder if castle's USB 2 would fare better? Is it
> > worth the expense?
> >
> It happened to me when lifting pictures of a canon camera flash card.
> I dont think I dismounted before removing it and it corrupted
> something irretrievable.

Something like this happened to me, but I managed to get out of it.  I
downloaded some photos went out and took more, but when I reinserted teh
card the new ones weren't there

A WARNING !!

I have had similar problems, on PC and Iyonix, but an issue that really did worry me, was when I tried to name a 1gig SD card on the Iyonix and it wiped the lot leaving garbage. Interestingly it did succeed in naming the SD.

I would recomnend only naming blank SD's !

Matt

Win tickets to the sold out Live Earth concert!  http://liveearth.uk.msn.com

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support