[iyonix-support] Re: ShareFS problem

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:24:47 +0100

In message of 31 Aug, Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, since a few days, the ShareFS traffic has become
> one-directional. That is, both computers only show the harddisk of the
> VirtualAcorn. I can still transfer data across both computers, but
> this can only be controlled from the Iyonix side. What should I do to
> make VirtualAcorn recognise the Iyonix harddisk again?
>
> The only thing that I remember having changed is a CMOS reset on the
> Iyonix, a few days ago. Could ShareFS perhaps be dependent of a particular
> CMOS setting?

Very likely, yes.

But there are advantages in making up a little Obey file containing:

  Share ADFS::HardDisc4 Iyonix

Store this file somewhere (Internet folder?) and then use the Configure
Boot facility to have it Run at start up.

The advantage of this command is that it will stop any confusion between
discs on different machines all named HardDisc4.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/