[iyonix-support] Re: Screen problem with flashed 5.16.

  • From: Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:47:46 -0800

Jeremy Roberts wrote:
I've been using softloaded 5.16 on the Iyonix for several weeks with no problems.

Finally felt emboldened to do the flash install.... and immediately hit a problem on reboot. :-(

The screen mode comes up with '28' (according to 'Menu' on the iconbar screen icon).

When I try to alter the screen settings with the 'Screen' option in 'Configuration', I get a window, 'Message from Screen setup', with the message: "Screen setup may have gone wrong. Click Continue to try to resume or Quit to stop Screen setup."

Clicking 'Describe' tells me "Component, 0xffffffff. does not exist."

I don't know if this is a 5.16 problem per se, but rather an issue
with some of the newer boot components.  I saw this under a 5.15
softload when asked to try out a newer boot.   I provided feedback
at the time, but didn't file a proper bug report (probably I should
have).

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support