[iyonix-support] Re: Screen does not come up after booting

  • From: Stefan Bellon <sbellon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:26:26 +0200

John Ballance wrote:
> 1: no version of riscos earlier than 5.12 will work with nvidia 5200
> cards

I'm using RISC OS 5.11, but with the supplied card. So, this should not
be a problem either.

> 2: if you have used a different video card to that in place when the
> rom was programmed, you'll have to put it in a different pci slot
> until you have put a transfer rom in place.

No, I just removed the card and inserted it into the same place again.
I did not swap around PCI slots nor did I insert another card. Just
removed the original one and inserted it into the same slot again.

> 3: the pci sockets are rather sensitive to mis aligned cards.. they
> do need to be vertical, not slightly offset.

Ok, I'll take the card out tomorrow once again although I paid very
much attention to correctly insert it ... after all the intention of
the whole operation was to correct some potential problems with pin
contact (as I suspected).

Greetings,
Stefan

PS: Thanks a lot for the excellent support you're providing even on
Sunday evenings!

--
Stefan Bellon