[iyonix-support] Re: Screen does not come up after booting

  • From: Stefan Bellon <sbellon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:33:09 +0200

David J. Ruck wrote:
> On 11 Jun 2007 Stefan Bellon <sbellon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Stefan Bellon wrote:
> >> Ok, I'll take the card out tomorrow once again although I paid
> >> very much attention to correctly insert it ... after all the
> >> intention of the whole operation was to correct some potential
> >> problems with pin contact (as I suspected).

> > Ok, did the same again, paying even more attention to insert the
> > card as accurately as possible. Still, the same behaviour: When
> > starting the machine, CD-ROM LED flashes, then goes dark, floppy
> > disc and hard disc LEDs keep lighted up.

> But its ok after pressing reset and rebooting again?

No. It doesn't boot anymore at all. It did before I refitted the
graphic card (I could press Ctrl-Shift-F12 and the machine properly shut
down and turned itself off). But after refitting, it doesn't even get to
the usual beep when booting.

I'll try John's suggestion now (trying with different PCI card
combinations).

Greetings,
Stefan

--