[iyonix-support] Re: RiScript and 5.18

  • From: HzN <iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 13:34:18 +0200

> >> Has anyone managed to make Riscript work with output from the
> >> Postscript3 driver?  (Even before RO 5.18.)
>
> > I think no-one, since RiScript is Postscript2 only - if I've understood
> > things well.
>
> Yes, this is mentioned in the PostScript 3 manual. RiScript cannot
> process PostScript 3 output.

I do not use RiScript Pro anymore since it failed to show several PDF
documents in a useable manner. I sent the info about that to the
supplier/programmer but until now - it is way over a year ago - nothing
has been done to address the issues.

I recommend GSView to view PostScript files. To convert to draw convert
the file to PDF if it is Postscrit; then use ArtWorks 2 to convert to
ArtWorks format and export as Draw if you don't want ArtWorks 2 format.
BTW this will support PostScript 3 too which is good in case of embedded
images!

Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.