[iyonix-support] Re: Resolver not working

  • From: Martin Dixon <m.dixon4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 19:04:40 GMT

In message <50e42ce9dbiyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
          Frank de Bruijn <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <cd27ffe350.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Martin Dixon <m.dixon4@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Further to the above, having rebooted and cancelled Freetime (ie not
>> allowed it to correct the time) I checked the system time and date.
>
>> It was 3 February 2110 ,  is A WHOLE CENTURY OUT!!!!
>
> Good grief. You mean you haven't followed any of the threads about the
> time problem and softloading the 5.16 ROM?

I wasn't aware of that, no.  But since on the first time I softloaded
5.16, Messenger deleted all my emails and expired my newsgroups and I
had to revert to a backup NewsDir I could have lost a fair bit of
stuff.

>> I think this is what is breaking things in some apps like Organizer
>> and perhaps Popstar / resolver.
>
> If these programs use 32-bit signed integers with time functions, that
> could very well be.
>
> Regards,
> Frank

Yes, that's what I suspected.

Sorry I've missed that discussion.  Are you saying that if I reflash,
this problem goes away?  Or is there some other fix.

Martin

--
Created on the Iyonix PC - the world's fastest RISC OS computer.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.dixon4/