[iyonix-support] Re: Resolver not working

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:26:24 +0000

On 03/02/2010 13:54, rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<Marcel-1.53-0203132113-06cpErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           Chris Evans  wrote:

How old is your router. (very early routers had no or fixed DNS settings)

Vigor 2600G - lots of bells and whistles

I was using one of those for several years until recently. It's a good router and I never had any trouble with the ADSL side, the DNS was always rock solid. It did go through one too many house moves, and possible damage to the aerials, which resulted in the wireless starting to drop every now and again. I've just replaced it with a D-Link 2640R for ADSL2+ which gets me a whole extra mbs (from 4500 to 5500).

Cheers
---David

--
David J. Ruck