[iyonix-support] Re: Resolver not working

  • From: Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:34:52 -0800

Steve Yandell wrote:
On 02 Feb, <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think that Resolver is not working  on my Iyonix 5.16.

What happens if you ping your router?

Well, it might be interesting, but it needs to be done
in context.  As I noted with a similar problem on
csa.networking, the modes of failure in a networking
are endless.

The first question is if you have proper connectivity,
and indeed ping to an IP address would be a start,
but might not be everything (it is ICMP, not UDP
for starters).  Also look at the status of *ekinfo.

Beyond that, if you can try and repeat the resolution
using ping to a name address (e.g, google.com) and
see if you get the failure.  If you can cause it
to repeat somehow, then you might have a clue
about what is going on.

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support