[iyonix-support] Re: Re : Re: Printer: not found?!?!?

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 13:09:39 GMT

[The convention on this list is to indent the quoted messages using
'>' and to respond after the quoted text; I've corrected your post
accordingly.]

On 9 Mar, Gonzalo Meza  wrote in message
  <58643.41757.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <897902.97653.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Gonzalo Meza <gonzalo_meza@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I wanted to create a PDF using !Printers v1.72, and I can't anymore
> > > (I used to be able to do it).
> >
> > > No matter which application I try to print from, I always get "
> > > Can't open 'printer.'"  (or 'printer:', depending on the program) I
> > > could transform almost anything into PDFs that way, but it does not
> > > work any longer.
> >
> > > I'm running RISC OS 5.11.  Any ideas?
> >
> > You need to configure the Connection window for the printer in
> > !Printers correctly (most probably, it is set to Parallel).
>
> Thanks, you are right, it is set to parallel.
>
> Excuse my ignorance, though, but to WHAT shoud I set it?

That depends on what you're using to create PDFs.

If you're using RiScript or ps2pdf, set it to 'File' and use the pop-up
save box to the right of the field to save the PS file on to your hard
disc somewhere.  You'll then need to take that file after printing to it,
and drag it to RiScript or ps2pdf.

If you're using PrintPDF, set it to 'File' and drag the PS icon from the
pop-up save box to the PrintPDF iconbar icon (load PrintPDF first, of
course).

If you're using something else, then I don't know -- but it will almost
certainly involve the 'File' connection.

> And how did it get changed???

Have you changed anything in Printers recently?  Or changed anything in
!Boot?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/