[iyonix-support] !ROFS updated

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:51:47 +0100

In article <f898a1ff4e.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pitt
<pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4eff9ce152tim@xxxxxxxxx> Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >In article <b4555eff4e.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Higton
> ><davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: [Snip]
> >
> >> As someone else has suggested: if you don't have a reader that is
> >> specifically compatible with SDHC, I think that will be the root of
> >> your problem.
> >
> >I'll have to try and find one.

I should have added "that's in stock without an SDHC card".

> > Still no luck.  :-(

With "ROFS". Connecting the camera with its USB cable doesn't work either.

> With a bit of Googling SanDisk do a SDHC reader. Cleverly the reader is
> supplied with the 4GB card.

[Snip]

Thanks for the searches which I too have seen. Is there a reader with or
without a card somewhere in stock? Not that I could find which is why I
bought the card without.

Fortunately, 'dozeXP reads the camera and in any case software 'over
there' is a bit more friendly; being able to handle its RAW format being
one example. It's just when pulling images off for the www, direct
connection of the SDHC to Myonix would be handy, though connecting the
camera and sharing its 'folder' on XP works fine so at least I can have
the illusion of it connecting to RISC OS.  :-)

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com