[iyonix-support] Re: ROFS available

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:38:39 +0100

On 26 Jun 2007  Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2007, Dr Peter Young wrote:
>> On 25 Jun 2007  Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I've decided to make !ROFS available.  It's /very/ rough at the
>>> moment, but I've brought it out in the hopes that it will be
>>> useful to somebody.  It reads files from USB drives larger than
>>> 2GB.  Definitely Iyonix only.  It seems to cope with both FAT16
>>> and FAT32 formats.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> You can get it from my web site: http:///www.apts04.dsl.pipex.com
>>
>> Here, neither NetSurf nor Oregano2 will connect to that page.

> It will if, after you click on it, you manually delete the seemingly
> superfluous and extraneous '127.0.0.1' bit. That's what I did, and
> then it worked.

Thanks; the '127.0.0.1' bit only appears in Oregano2, not NetSurf!

Having got it, I hadn't realised that it's a read-only app. I wonder
if it could be made to write as well? That would make backups a lot
more simple.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.