[iyonix-support] ROFS available

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:52:55 +0100

I've decided to make !ROFS available.  It's /very/ rough at the
moment, but I've brought it out in the hopes that it will be
useful to somebody.  It reads files from USB drives larger than
2GB.  Definitely Iyonix only.  It seems to cope with both FAT16
and FAT32 formats.

If you've been reading all the recent posts in this thread, you
will have seen references to this app, and in particular to not
clicking on the drive's icon on the icon bar.  This is important
as this is guaranteed to crash your Iyonix.  So don't forget!

You can get it from my web site: http:///www.apts04.dsl.pipex.com

I'm off on holiday for a week, so I won't be able to provide any
support until I get back.

Thanks to everybody who helped me by verifying that plugging in
their large drives didn't crash their Iyonix, and thanks for
your good wishes.

The app's only interaction with the device is a sector read
operation.  There is no code in there to write anything to any
drive.  This makes me feel reasonably sure that you won't damage
anything.  But, as usual, I decline all responsibility for any
loss or damage, etc.

I hope that one day soon, this application will not be necessary.

Just let me know how you get on with it!

Enjoy.

Dave