[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect - thoughts

  • From: wmpur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:13:42 +0100

In message <1172133451.45dd564b33aa6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Quoting RJT <Richard.Torrens@xxxxxxx>:
>
>> There seems to be no known cure for the pyjama effect.
>
> Yes there is - buy a new video card (which will require you to upgrade
> to RO5.12).
> (snip)

Funny I had not experienced the Pyjama effect on my Iyonix until I
upgraded to RO5.12 and the new vidio card purchesed from Castle at the
Guildford show. I seems to happen when I press the "soft power switch"
straight after switching on at the mains (this is connected to a
surcharge extension into which I plug all my units).  I just switch
off at the mains, pause, and switch on again. The computer then boots
up without further pressings.

--
Walter Purdue